Emotionally accessible characters, buckets of humor, and deep themes made this a must cover movie for us. This week David and Miles discuss issues of true identity, abuse, and sacrificial love. We even provide an overview of hair in the Bible. Additionally this episode includes a bite size segment of popcorn theology that you can share with kids or anyone you might want to introduce to what we do here on the podcast. Carry on the discussion with these questions:
- Who do I know that is different from me? How can I try to treat them with kindness and love, like Jesus?
- When have you seen someone make a sacrifice (or give up something they want) in order to help someone they love?
- Can you remember what God did to love you?
- Do I already know my father in heaven? Have I said “Yes” to Jesus’ free gift of life with Him?
- Jesus’ free gift is good news! Who do I know that needs to hear this good news?
If you like what you are hearing and want to help support us, consider supporting us on Patreon! If you do, you’ll be canonized as an official Patron Saint of Popcorn Theology and be given access to an exclusive Facebook group just for supporters, giveaways, polls to decide what films we discuss, and much more!
Please take a moment to visit our sponsor, MissionalWear. MissionalWear has some amazing items for sale, from T-Shirts to posters that include the entire book of Romans! Check them out, and let them know you found them through Popcorn Theology!